Monday, May 2, 2011

Goodbye dear heart, the last goodbye



I finished my final work for a while.  

This picture contains an antique letter, the envelope (addressed to St Louis), and a photograph of the sender.  When I read the letter, the sentiment and elegant writing was so lovely that I felt it apt to include all to complete the story.

The other two things I found out during my research were:
1) Magnolia Grandiflora are grown widely throughout the southern states of the US.  They flower in April - later the further north you go. 
2) The magnolia flower has been associated with beauty and perseverance, as well as dignity and nobility. 

I'd like to think this picture is full of beauty - took a bit of perseverence to finish it - does that count?
Have a lovely week all.

Thank you for stopping by

No comments: