Thursday, November 17, 2011

Eugene Wang: Buying art online



I don't have a problem with buying pictures online.  In fact I've bought a number of them without seeing them in person first.

I know a number of you may find this strange - dodgy even.  But why? 

I realise art is an emotional and intensely personal thing but if you like the image, have an idea about the size and the buying experience is pleasant - why not?  Sure, the colours may differ slightly between real life and the image on your computer screen but they are fairly close.

Anyway, above is a little crab painting I bought online from Canadian/Chinese artist Eugene Wang.  He makes beautiful little still life paintings and sells them via his blog.  I've placed the picture next to one of my own above the kitchen table where I work every day.

I'd be interested in your thoughts about buying online though....

No comments: