Sunday, April 19, 2009

single stone pendants on sterling silver circles


I've been fixated with making silver circles for the last couple of months and I sort of wondered why so I looked it up online.

As a design element in my jewellery, a thin, hammered silver ring suspended on a fine cord or chain is a perfect foil for delicate pearls or really pretty or unusual single beads.

But wait, there's more....

As a symbol, the circle signifies completion, inclusion, wholeness, magic.
The circle is also considered a symbol of unity and infinity, without beginning or end...

So maybe there's more to it than me hammering out little rings on the kitchen table because they look really good with a single stone suspended from them.

Here is this weekend's selection of single stone pendants.
Above image from left: Blue quartz and amethyst, Aquamarine, Moonstone, Amethyst.
Below image from left: Abalone and baroque pearl, Indian cut carnelian, Volcanic lava, rough cut Fluorite.

No comments: