Tuesday, December 8, 2009

summer downunder jewellery



December is all about giving.

This year I'm working on sea-themed jewellery. I have forged big silver circles and threaded recycled Balinese glass beads onto them. They are frosted so they look like sea glass. Of course the frosted quartz pebble has made a reappearance - once these are gone I don't know where to get more - I originally bought this strand in Hatton Garden, London.

I have a myriad of shells picked up on beaches from around the world - many with holes just waiting for something to be made from them.

Finally I hit on the idea of making them into silver circle and seashell earrings. These shell slices came from Thailand - but I think the sea worn shells I have in my collection will also make wonderful earrings.


These haven't made it to etsy or the website yet but if you are interested - please get in touch. The earrings and frosted quartz pendants will be around $35AU. Balinese glass bead pendants $30AU.

No comments: