Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Upcycled table

A lot of the items in my home have been found on the side of the road, in skips or come from charity stores.  I try not to bring every piece of trash-treasure home but one Sunday, while walking home from the city I came across this old little table/stool.  I bought it home, put putty in some holes and sanded it

Then painted it with some leftover sample housepaint I had...
Then put some waterbased oil paints and some ink/watercolours onto it to achieve the specific blue I wanted...

...and then sanded it with some rough sandpaper to get some texture and expose a little bit of wood on the edges...
then I started cutting out pieces of coloured paper to make a little floral tableaux.

Next thing to do is the table sides and varnish it to seal it all in.

2 comments:

Gay McKinnon said...

How lovely! Nice to see all the stages. Funnily enough I've just been to the annual Art From Trash exhibition in Hobart - there are a few photos of recycled tables and chairs on my blog, one of them floral. Will you keep this one for yourself, or sell it?

Gabby Malpas said...

Thanks Gay

Not sure about this one - if it's useful it can stay or I may find it a loving home...